VISI 2016 R1 can be installed and supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (64 Bit versions). Please note that only the professional version of the operating systems is supported. VISI 2016 R1 CAD delivers a number of enhancements to the graphical user interface (GUI), and major updates for sketching and element editing. Other significant items include developments to Parts Revision, Snapshot, a new combined view/section within the plotview and updated CAD translators.
Migration tool / Update settings
Steps for updating the settings from a previous version :
At the end of the update process, a report (log) will be shown with the list of configurations and files that have been successfully updated.
User Interface / Picking / Graphics
5. Hidden line removal and Hidden lines in different style modes have been enhanced and can be used completely during all modelling operations. Options are available in the Settings command for the color, transparency and style of the hidden lines. New Antialias management improve the graphics representation to avoid the segmentation of lines.
6. The ability to highlight a relevant point and type an exact offset. When the cursor is on a relevant point, it is possible to simply enter the values for the offset or distance point when moving along a relevant direction.
7. Contextual icons on the M2 list - Pressing the right mouse button (M2) or the mouse wheel when inside the command will display the relevant icons typically available in the left-hand icon bar, at the position of the mouse cursor. This simplifies access to the picking options and minimizes the cursor movement.
8. Mouse buttons configurations can be adjusted to configure the most commonly used graphics movements to specific mouse buttons and actions.
Edit Elements & Sketching
|1. New Edit element command for the modification of wireframe entities. Double click on the wireframe entity to enter Edit mode. This can be used on segments, circles, arcs, curves, profiles, and polylines. This command allows the modification of shape, position and dimensions.
2. Sketch circles and Sketch lines enhancements - These commands have been improved using the new enhanced pick concept where the potential results are graphically displayed, and can be selected by using the Space bar. Combined selection between Elements and Points has been integrated in these commands.
3. New option to create a Segment/line tangent to two curves within the Sketch command.
1. Enhancement on the Plotview Manager - Views, sections and details (and relative hierarchy) are now shown in the tree of the Plotview manager Pages
2. View information is now displayed in the properties zone relevant to the selected node in the tree. For example, if selecting the page node, only the relevant information of the page is displayed, while if selecting a view, only the relevant information of the view is presented.
3. New Outbreak section in Plotview - The ability to create a portion of a section inside a View (to create a combined view/section). It is also possible to determine the outer boundary format and the depth value for the section.
Other Plotview enhancements include :
- Presentation of file Preview increased performance
- 3DPDF Writer enhancements for saving models in this format (performances, white background, fit on the screen)
- DXF/DWG Reader general refurbishing
- DXF/DWG update of Teigha libraries to 4.01
- CATIA V5 Reader permits hole attributes mapping
- Inventor support of 2016 files
- UG Reader to support Layer Categories for Parts
- Import/Export - Unicode Support for 3D translators
Interface Import Format (click to open)
|Import Format||File Extension||Supported Version|
|ACIS||.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab||R1 - R25|
|Catia V4||.model, .exp||4.1.9 - 4.2.4|
|Catia V5||.CATPart, .CATProduct||R8 - R25 (V5-6R2015)|
|Catia V6||.CATPart, .CATProduct||V62015x|
|IGES||.igs, .iges||Up to 5.3|
|Inventor||.ipt, .iam||V6 - 2016 (.iam V11)|
|NX (Unigraphics)||.prt||11 - NX 10 (NX9 for PMI)|
|JT Open||.jt||V10.0 and older|
|Solid Edge||.par, .asm, .psm||V18 - ST7|
|SolidWorks||.sldprt, .sldasm||98 - 2015|
|Parasolid||.x_b, .x_t, .xmt_bin, .xmt_txt||1.0 - 27|
|Creo (PTC)||.prt, .asm||16 - Creo 3.0|
Interface Writer Format (click to open)
|Writer Format||File Extension||Supported Version|
|ACIS||.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab||R18 - R25|
|Catia V4||.model||Catia 4.1.0 - Catia 4.2.4|
|Catia V5||.CATPart, CATProduct||R15 - R25 (V5 - V6 R2015)|
|STEP||.stp, .step||AP203, AP214 (Geometry only)|